From:
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 2015 19:06:26 -0400
From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 05:41:02 +0000

I'm not trying to blame anyone or anything. CC licenses are new and as
with many new things, there will be unforeseen situations that could
show areas where improvements might be needed. In this case, all I'm
pointing to is that a -BY license could lead to situations where a
rights holder may not be happy with their choice. I put forward this
example simply to help the process of evolution and improvement along.

As for this particular case, I don't think it is fair to imply we
abdicated any responsibility - we published the work at UNESCO's
request and at a financial loss. I could have decided not to publish
the work, but UNESCO did not have the means and, as the other
Paris-based IGO, I felt we should help out.

I'm glad you like what we do - I appreciate that.

Toby Green
Head of Publishing
OECD