From:
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 2014 10:25:53 -0400
From: Gretchen McCord <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 08:25:46 -0500

Leigh Ann,

As a general rule, if you agree to a license, the terms of that
license will control above and beyond your rights (and
responsibilities) under the law, regardless of the jurisdiction or
location of the licensor.

Like any other area of life, I would not agree to (i.e., "buy") a
license without first reading the terms of it.  The vendor should be
able to send you the license or direct you to it online.

Hope this helps.

Gretchen

Gretchen McCord, MSIS, JD

Editor, The Copyright & New Media Law Newsletter