From:
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2012 18:32:10 -0400
From: Bonnie Zavon <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 15:24:33 -0400

The Academy of Management (AOM) is proud to announce the launch of the
new AOM Publications Portal on the HighWire Open Platform.

STANFORD CA: August 30, 2012 — With this move, the AOM titles on the
HighWire Open Platform embrace an online format that is quick and easy
to use, offering greater discoverability, potential for innovation and
personalization options. The AOM Publications Portal on HighWire
brings news and member highlights to the forefront, offers improved
access to journal content, and makes tools and resources easier to
find and use.

“One of the Academy’s key missions is ‘to build a vibrant and
supportive community of scholars by expanding opportunities to connect
and explore ideas.’ To that end, we’ve been working hard to deliver
AOM’s journal content to our members in multiple high-quality
formats.” said Adam Etkin, Director of Publishing at the Academy. “In
addition to AOM’s iOS app, the new platform helps extend the reach of
our publications: all smartphone and tablet users can view AOM content
via an app-like experience on our HighWire-enabled mobile-optimized
sites, wherever they are, on whatever device suits them”

“The AOM’s pursuit of advancing theory, research, education, and
practice in the field of management, positions them well within
HighWire’s high impact and high profile scholarly publishing
community,” said Tom Rump, HighWire’s Managing Director.

AOM members will have access to the complete AOM archive, latest
journal issues, and In-Press articles. Members may also set up
personalized alerts, download citations to their citation manager, and
view exclusive content collections of select AOM articles.

For a walkthrough of how to use some of the features of the new site,
please visit the AOM’s informational video on YouTube
[http://youtu.be/u0LgKV3bz_w].

For complete press release:  http://highwire.stanford.edu/PR/AOM_HighWire.pdf