From:
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2012 17:25:31 -0400
From: David Ruddy <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 17:56:10 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

We are delighted to share with you the good news that the Simons
Foundation will support arXiv's transition from an exclusive
initiative of Cornell University Library (CUL) to a collaboratively
governed, community-supported resource through a generous gift. The
press release about the funding is available at:

     http://news.library.cornell.edu/news/120828/arXiv

We invite you to look at the FAQ that explains the new membership,
governance, and fiscal model:

     http://arxiv.org/help/support/faq

Please share this update with your colleagues who might be interested
in the developments. If you have any questions or comments, we will
hold three conference calls to accommodate time zone differences and
invite you to join one:

     September 14, Friday, noon-1pm EDT

     September 17, Monday, 4pm-5pm EDT

     September 18, Tuesday, 6am-7am EDT

Please register for these conference calls at:

     https://cornell.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eyqgXKpmbLOfOUB

We appreciate your support and welcome your questions and suggestions.

The arXiv Team
Oya Y. Rieger, David Ruddy, Simeon Warner