From:
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2011 22:34:12 -0500
From: Sandy Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 12:19:08 -0600

By the same token, money to fund OA is not unlimited either, and when
times are tough, decisions will be made about whose articles get
published through author-side payments. This will necessarily limit
the supply of articles to users, no less than toll-access charges do,
though in another manner.  OA, as everyone should know by this time,
is not free; somebody has to pay for it, and that somebody--whether an
individual author or an institutional source--is affected by economic
pressures just as everyone else is.

Sandy Thatcher