From:
Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2016 17:46:47 -0400
From: Yann Amouroux <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 7:04 AM

Apologies for cross posting

Brexit presents a significant change for the UK. However, those
professionals who work in the Information Communication and Technology
(ICT) sector and/or manage information, whether in the public or
private sector, are well practised at responding to fast changing
environments to harness opportunities.

UCL and Northumbria University have launched a short survey
(https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/BrexitICTopportunities) which aims
to capture perspectives on the opportunities and threats that face
those delivering information agendas across the UK. We hope to
identify ideas that information professionals can harness to support
the UK changing landscape and also flag areas of information
management/ICT weakness in the light of Brexit.

The survey is open to anyone. Although the focus is on the UK position
we are keen to hear where those outside the UK see opportunities to
collaborate with the UK or have reservations for engaging with the UK
in the light of Brexit. We hope people will contribute in a
constructive manner even when noting concerns. We aim to publish the
results quickly in an open access journal and plan to repeat the study
to gather longitudinal data as the picture develops.

There are 20 questions (all optional). It takes 10-20 minutes to
complete depending on how much you wish to write. There are no right
or wrong answers to any of the questions. The survey is anonymous and
no IP addresses are being collected.

We know that you are busy and appreciate your time. You can exit the
survey and your previous comments will be saved so that you can go
back and complete it when you have time. The survey will close on
Monday 25th July at 4pm.

Please do forward on this email so that we can reach as many people as
possible and tweet Brexit: opportunities and threats for information &
ICT professionals: UCL and NU launch survey
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/BrexitICTopportunities

The research is a partnership between the iSchools at UCL (Dr
Elizabeth Lomas) and Northumbria University (Professor Julie McLeod).
The survey is being facilitated by Dr Elizabeth Lomas

*******