From:
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2013 21:57:05 -0400
From: Carly Bareham <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 15:08:38 +0000

**Apologies for cross-posting**

-----------------------

AVA NOW PUBLISHED UNDER FAIRCHILD BOOKS

You may be aware that in July 2012, Bloomsbury Publishing Plc acquired
AVA Publishing. Until this point AVA has been kept as an independent
imprint, but, to better serve our authors and customers, this is now
changing. With effect from 1st April 2013, all new AVA titles will be
published under the Fairchild Books imprint.

Fairchild Books has a long history of excellence in textbook
publishing in the visual arts. The new combined Fairchild Books will
publish around 50 new titles a year and have a backlist of 450 titles
in fashion, interior design, graphic arts, moving image and
photography, and architecture.

Bloomsbury began to build its world-class academic division in 2008.
It now has a particularly large presence in the visual arts, the
humanities and the social sciences. With the acquisitions of Berg
Publishers in 2008, Fairchild Books in April 2012 and now AVA
Publishing, Bloomsbury has become the largest publisher of academic
materials for visual arts in the world.

-----------------------

NEW WEBSITE

After the recent launch of the new academic part of the Bloomsbury
website, you can now find our books, e-books and digital product
information on one site, all grouped by subject area. Bloomsbury
Journals (formerly Berg Journals) also joined the site at the end of
February and have their own section within the Academic menu. There is
a specific area for librarians; please see
http://www.bloomsbury.com/librarians/ for further information.

For more information about reference, academic collections, research
and teaching books, journals and digital products, please visit
http://www.bloomsbury.com/academic. Following the global success of
the Berg Fashion Library, we have a number of other exciting digital
products in development which will serve research and teaching needs
across our larger visual arts programme. This includes the forthcoming
Bloomsbury Fashion Photography Archive (see
http://bergfashionlibrary.com/page/103/bloomsbury-fashion-photography-archive
for more information)

If you have any questions about these developments, please do get in
touch and we would be happy to help.

Yours faithfully,

Carly Bareham
On behalf of Katharine Nelson