From:
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2013 21:27:42 -0400
From: Ann Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 14:52:27 -0700

Bepress is pleased to announce our first Scholarly Publishing
Certification Course: A Training Program for Library-Led Publishing
Initiatives, held at our offices in Berkeley, California, October
9-11, 2013.

Library-led publishing programs create new opportunities to support
faculty research, improve student outcomes, and raise an institution’s
research profile. Academic librarians are reporting high demand and
appreciation for these new services. According to the 2011 IMLS-funded
report, “Library Publishing Services: Strategies for Success”
(http://wp.sparc.arl.org/lps/), 55 percent of academic libraries
already offer or want to offer library publishing services to their
campuses.

Certification Course will cover the key considerations for
establishing a successful library-based publishing program:

- Journal essentials: Working with editors, streamlining workflows,
and building readership

- Faculty monographs: From new open-access textbooks to revivals of
out-of-print classics

- Conference proceedings: Best practices for showcasing posters,
presentations,  and transcripts

- Copyright and policy considerations

- Identifying and engaging partners and participants on campus

In interactive seminars, workshops, and technical training sessions,
participants will explore tools for managing submissions and peer
review, define their goals and action plans for their publishing
initiatives, and develop a network of professional relationships with
other library-publishers.

Space is limited, and preference will be given to Digital Commons
subscribers. If you or your staff would like to participate, or if you
would like more information, please feel free to contact me at

Regards,

Ann

--
Ann Taylor
Director of Outreach and Scholarly Communications