From:
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 2015 21:49:15 -0400
From: Sandy Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 19:47:15 -0500

If my math is correct, this comes out to a total payment of $14,965
per title.  That is lower than the full cost of publishing a standard
monograph (which is closer to $25,000), but might cover the full
"first copy" costs, so I assume that the participating presses are
expecting to pay the remaining costs from sales of POD editions or
their own operating subsidies. Also, there must be some administrative
expenses involved with making sure Knowledge Unlatched works the way
it is supposed to work. What percentage of the $14,965 per title does
that expense represent?

Sandy Thatcher