From:
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2014 22:44:34 -0400
From: Adrian Ho <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 18:41:09 -0400

Posting on behalf of the Library Publishing Coalition.  Apologies for
cross-posting.

Dear Colleagues,

Do you distribute ETDs through your institutional repository? Do you
support the publication of open access journals? Do you aid in the
creation of open education resources?

If you engage in these or other forms of value-added content creation
and dissemination, help us to document the range of activities that
libraries are undertaking in “publishing” (broadly defined) through
their work in scholarly communications, digital humanities, digital
sciences, and institutional repositories.

To promote collaboration and knowledge-sharing, and to raise the
visibility of the unique contributions of libraries as “publishers,”
the Library Publishing Coalition (LPC) is compiling the second edition
of its Library Publishing Directory.

To have your library included, please complete our questionnaire by
Friday, August 8, 2014.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/lpdupdate2015

The questionnaire has 32 questions and takes between 20 and 45 minutes
to complete. We recommend that you preview the questions and check our
list of respondents before you begin. Each institution should complete
only ONE questionnaire.

The Library Publishing Directory is an important tool for libraries
wishing to learn about this emerging field, connect with their peers,
and align their practices with those of the broader community. The
first edition was downloaded more than 2,000 times.

The Directory is published openly on the web and will include contact
information, descriptions, and other key facts about each library's
publishing services. An interactive version of the Directory is
forthcoming. A print version will also be made available for purchase.

Please e-mail Sarah Lippincott ([log in to unmask]) or Holly Mercer
([log in to unmask]) with questions or comments. We look forward to
hearing from you.