From:
Date:
Tue, 5 May 2015 06:44:12 -0400
From: "Prudence Y. Lawton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 10:08:46 -0500

Hello,

My campus is beginning to offer continuing education courses. I’m
wondering how CE students are treated at other institutions where
library access is concerned. Are CE students granted access to login
to campus computers using their own credentials? Are CE students
granted off-campus access to library resources? If you allow for
off-campus access, what terms do you include in your license
agreements? Would the term “affiliated users” work for this group? Or,
do you not provide remote access to CE students at all?

As a state institution, we already have a walk-in policy in place, so
that is not an issue.

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

Pru Lawton
Digital Resources Manager
Texas A&M University-San Antonio
San Antonio, TX 78224