From:
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 2015 19:13:48 -0500
From: Carla Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 19:45:56 +0000

I am excited to announce that the fourth annual Kraemer Copyright
Conference will be held on June 6-7, 2016 on the University of
Colorado Colorado Springs <http://www.uccs.edu/> campus.

This conference offers public, academic, and school librarians the
opportunity to learn about U.S. Copyright Law and how it impacts the
services we offer our patrons. This year the theme of the conference
will be Libraries and Copyright: Past, Present, and Future. Visit our
conference webpage to learn more about this event:

http://www.uccs.edu/copyright/kraemerconference.html.

We are excited to welcome back international copyright expert Dr.
Kenneth D. Crews
(http://www.ghplaw.com/Content/Attorneys/Kenneth_Crews.htm) and Kevin
Smith, Director of the Office of Copyright and Scholarly
Communications at Duke University
(http://blogs.library.duke.edu/scholcomm/). Both will be serving as
keynote speakers as well as presenting various conference sessions. We
are also excited to welcome Donna Ferullo, Director of the University
Copyright Office at Purdue University
(https://www.lib.purdue.edu/uco/contact.html), who will be hosting the
preconference session and participating in conference programming.

Call for Proposals

We are seeking proposals for excellent break-out sessions, poster
sessions, and contributed papers on copyright issues and best
practices. Topics should address some type of library copyright issue
or a related topics such as open access, scholarly communications, and
licensing issues. All proposals are due by 12pm (Mountain Standard
Time) on January 15, 2016. Visit this webpage to learn more about the
proposal submission process:
http://www.uccs.edu/copyright/kraemerconference/proposals.html.

Registration

Registration for the 2016 Kraemer Copyright Conference will open in
January 2016. Once again, this year's conference registration will be
free to all attendees thanks to our generous sponsors.

Questions?
If you have any questions regarding this event or the proposal
submission process please contact me at 719-255-3908 or

Best,
Carla Myers

Assistant Professor
Faculty Director of Access Services and Scholarly Communications
Kraemer Family Library
The University of Colorado at Colorado Springs