From:
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:08:33 -0500
From: Liz Ginno <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 17:02:34 -0800

Dear colleagues,

The EdD folks (across campuses in our consortia) are looking at
strategies to negotiate post-doc access to e-resources. "Many of our
programs are now graduating our doctoral students.  Some of our
graduates are asking about on-going access to electronic journals and
they are willing to pay for access through their office or home
computers.  Our library tells us that the only access graduates can
have  is by coming to campus and using the library computers.  Not
good for most of our students."

My colleague understands that our vendors are not interested in
general 'alumni access' contracts, but we were wondering if any of you
know of any 'research center' or 'scholarly society' arrangements in a
large consortium where a defined sub-set has negotiated a subscription
separate from the University.

The thought is to set up a paid membership group of EdD graduates who
would then negotiate access to a limited set of e-resources (like Sage
& Education Abstracts for example).

Thank you for any guidance you can provide!

Cheers,

Liz Ginno
Librarian
California State University, East Bay