From:
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2016 19:38:34 -0400
From: Kamran Naim <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 18:46:27 +0000

Calling all library administrators, collections, and scholarly
communications librarians!

The *Open Access Scholarly Publishing Co-operative Study* needs your
input on a new model for scholarly publishing!

Subscriptions no longer make sense. Article processing charges are not
for everyone. What about a different approach? What about building on
the growing cooperation in scholarly publishing? Help us assess the
prospects of forming an open access cooperative among libraries and
journals. It would pool expertise and resources. It would flip the
subscription economy into an open access publishing cooperative.

Learn more about how we think it could work, from an initial
transition period to kick it off to full operation, while being able
to provide immediate feedback on the concept, with the librarian
version of SET Co-op Scenario and Survey:

http://oa-cooperative.org/survey.html

The Open Access Scholarly Publishing Co-operative Study is an
initiative of the Public Knowledge Project and Stanford University.
You can learn more about our project here. We are grateful for your
time and participation.

Questions or comments? Please contact the study's Lead Researcher:

Kamran Naim
Stanford University Graduate School of Education