From:
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 2015 19:37:19 -0400
From: Michael Magoulias <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 15:17:34 +0000

As a parent with a child doing the PARCC at this very moment, this
strikes me as an amateurish and  irresponsible attempt at
investigative journalism. Pearson was clearly trying to ensure the
integrity of the test and to prevent a possible case of
cyber-cheating. If a student tweets an image of a test question that
would be the most sensible assumption to make. What is not sensible is
to jump to the conclusion that this is some Orwellian abrogation of
basic rights. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of cases out there
of inappropriate monitoring and misuse of personal data, but this
doesn't sound anywhere close to being one of them. The fact that there
are journalists (and parents) unable to make the appropriate
distinctions is a far more worrying sign of the times.