From:
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2014 18:19:23 -0500
From: Kim Smilay <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 10:28:36 -0500

The CLOCKSS Archive is pleased to announce the participation of the
Archaeological Institute of America, the International Society for the
Advancement of Spine Surgery, UTS ePress, and Wageningen Academic
Publishers.

Full announcements can be found at http://www.clockss.org/clockss/News

----

Archaeological Institute of America

     “We welcome our partnership with CLOCKSS,” says Madeleine J.
Donachie, Director of Publishing for the American Journal of
Archaeology. “The AJA has set the standard for archaeological
scholarship for more than 125 years, and it is vital that our content
is preserved for future generations.

     The Archaeological Institute of America promotes archaeological
inquiry and public understanding of the material record of the human
past to foster an appreciation of diverse cultures and our shared
humanity.  The AIA supports archaeologists, their research and its
dissemination, and the ethical practice of archaeology.  The AIA
educates people of all ages about the significance of archaeological
discovery and advocates the preservation of the world's archaeological
heritage.  www.archaeological.org

The American Journal of Archaeology is one of the world's most
distinguished and widely distributed peer-reviewed archaeological
journals. The AJA reaches more than 50 countries and 1,000
universities, learned societies, departments of antiquities, and
museums.  www.ajaonline.org.

---

International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery

     “Our partnership with CLOCKSS ensures that even in the worst
case, the research published in the Journal will remain exactly where
it needs to be—in the hands of researchers everywhere,” said IJSS
Publisher Jonny Dover.

     International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery is an
international, scientific, and educational society organized to
discuss and assess existing strategies and innovative ideas in the
clinical and basic sciences related to spine surgery to enhance
patient care.  http://www.isass.org

---

UTS ePress

     Belinda Tiffen, Director Library Resource Unit, UTS said “UTS
ePress journals represent a significant contribution to research and
furthering knowledge, and it is important to us that this scholarship
is preserved and remains available to the academic and broader
communities now and into the future.  CLOCKSS provides a secure
archive of our journals that ensures their on-going accessibility.”

     About:  Established in 2004 to further open access to scholarly
outputs, UTS ePress is the digital, open-access scholarly publishing
arm of UTS. They publish high-quality scholarly titles across a wide
range of academic disciplines, including governance, history, law,
literacy, international studies, society and social justice, and
indigenous studies. Focusing on open-access digital formats only, UTS
ePress currently publishes journals, books, and conference proceedings
and is the leading publisher of peer-reviewed open access journals in
Australasia.  http://epress.lib.uts.edu.au.

---

Wageningen Academic Publishers

     “We’re pleased to partner with CLOCKSS to ensure the long-term
preservation of our e-book and e-journal content,” said Mike Jacobs,
Managing Director of Wageningen Academic Publishers. “After the launch
of our own platform for e-publications, we were looking for a
long-term solution to preserve our content for the benefit of our
customers. CLOCKSS has provided this solution. With this trusted
partner we can now ensure that the valuable, high quality work of our
authors remains accessible to all users in perpetuity."

     Wageningen Academic Publishers is an independent publishing
company in the field of life sciences. Main topics are animal and
veterinary sciences, food sciences, social sciences, environmental
sciences, and plant sciences. We publish scientific monographs,
textbooks and proceedings, as well as scientific journals. Our journal
titles include World Mycotoxin Journal, Beneficial Microbes, Journal
on Chain and Network Science, Comparative Exercise Physiology, Quality
Assurance and Safety of Crops & Foods. Visit our website for an
overview of all our titles: www.wageningenacademic.com.

 ---

About CLOCKSS:

   The CLOCKSS (Controlled LOCKSS) Archive is a not-for-profit joint
venture between the world's leading scholarly publishers and research
libraries whose mission is to build a sustainable, geographically
distributed dark archive with which to ensure the long-term survival
of Web-based scholarly publications for the benefit of the greater
global research community.  http://www.clockss.org

Randy S. Kiefer, Executive Director
Kim Smilay, Director, Publisher Relations
The CLOCKSS Archive