From:
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2014 19:09:46 -0500
From: "Jim O'Donnell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 09:36:53 -0500

Sandy Thatcher and Rick Anderson independently responded to my post
about the shrinking of stock at B&N with mention of the Espresso
Machine, on-site POD technology for swift gratification.  Discussed
for a dozen years, the first (Wikipedia tells me) was operational in
2007 and there's a list of 50 or so installed machines as of 2012, but
in a world where new technologies take off like a rocket, this seems a
bit stately and I confess I have not seen one or heard buzz.  Any
well-informed observers on the list able to say how that project is
going and perhaps even more interesting what are the impedances to its
getting widespread adoption and cultural positioning?

Thanks,
Jim O'Donnell