From:
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2014 08:21:51 -0400
From: Werner Hillebrecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 18:27:25 +0200

Against embargo:

1. One will do the graduands, who will usually be job-hunting after
graduation, a disservice by withholding public access to their work.
They need the web presence of their thesis to get known
professionally.

2. Will public access to the original thesis impact negatively on
sales of the published version? I don't think so. Published versions
normally should be streamlined, gotten rid of some formal ballast
required for the graduation, generally more readable. Which are the
points making them still worthwhile to buy. Otherwise, why
publication?

Werner Hillebrecht
National Archives of Namibia