From:
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2019 11:08:22 -0400
From: Emily Esposito <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 14:25:13 +0000

The Worcester Polytechnic Institute Gordon Library, the Boston Library
Consortium, and Springer Nature are sponsoring a special event. We
invite you join us on Friday, October 11th at for a day of discussion
and learning focused on Information Security.

When:                  Friday, October 11th, 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM EDT

Where:                Worcester Polytechnic Institute

                             100 Institute Road

                             Odeum Conference Room

                             Worcester, MA 01609

We all know that cybersecurity affects the academic world.
E-Resources, personal and student information are constantly under
threat of being accessed illicitly and information literacy calls for
greater attention to verification skills. This day-long summit will
draw on the expertise of various information industry professionals
and will discuss trends in corporate, personal and academic
cybersecurity. We’ll discuss what campus network security issues are
the most important, who should be responsible for different types of
security, the role of publishers in securing of their resources and
more. Speakers and panelists from Springer Nature and various
institutions will be on hand for the discussion.

Registration is required. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. There
is no charge for this event, and all are welcome.

Click here (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/information-security-summit-tickets-66569223339)
for more information to register for the event and to find more
details and information. We look forward to seeing you there!

Please feel free to reach out to Emily Esposito (Springer Nature) or
Lori Ostapowicz Critz (Worcester Polytechnic Institute Gordon Library)
should you have any questions.

Emily Esposito
Springer Nature
Customer Engagement Manager