From:
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2013 19:12:35 -0400
From: Stevan Harnad <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 00:22:25 -0400

Obvious and profound difference between bottom-rung subscription
journals and bottom-rung OA journals: subscription journals have to
convince multiple subscribers that they have a product worth paying
for, sustainably, otherwise no journal; authors risk only their
article, not their money. Publishers risk their investment. Not so
with bottom-rung OA journals, where, with next to no investment,
publisher takes next to no risk, and author, often unknowingly, takes
all the risk.

SH