From:
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2014 20:41:33 -0400
From: "Anderson, Serin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 23:34:44 +0000

Can anyone comment on their experience licensing the CCH omnitax
product?  We're currently switching from RIA Checkpoint back to CCH.
CCH was originally a product that business school subscribed to, and
then eventually the library took over management.  However, we never
negotiated the license.  During the process of switching back, we
received an "advanced start agreement" that refers to an online
license agreement which can be found here:

http://researchhelp.cch.com/Research_Help_System.htm#License_Agreement.htm

Part of the agreement that took me by surprise was the following:

"CCH may revise this agreement at any time without notice by updating
this posting.  By using this Online Service you agree to be bound by
any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this Online
Service and page to determine the then current terms and conditions of
use to which you are bound."

Does anyone have any advice or thoughts they're willing to share?

Thanks for considering!

Serin Anderson
Electronic Services Librarian
Saint Martin's University