From:
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2014 18:48:57 -0400
From: Jill Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Given the rapid expansion of open access content both by commercial
entities and academic institutions, Graham Stone, University of
Huddersfield and Jill Emery, Portland State University have created a
wiki/blog encapsulating the major building blocks of open access management
in the academic library setting.

The intention of OAWAL is that it will be an openly accessible wiki/blog
site for librarians working on the management of open access content. We
hope that librarians can build on OAWAL to create context sensitive
workflows at their given institutions.

We are crowdsourcing feedback from the scholarly communication community
currently working with open access management to see if these concept
overviews are of value and if there are others that should be included.

You can find OAWAL at: https://library3.hud.ac.uk/blogs/oawal/

You can submit feedback to this project via the comments sections of the
blog or directly via email to Graham Stone [log in to unmask]<mailto:
[log in to unmask]> or Jill Emery [log in to unmask]<mailto:
[log in to unmask]> We also encourage anyone who has existing workflows
in place to share these with us in order to help build a repository of OA
management examples.

We will also be hosting roundtable discussions on this project at ER&L, if
attending please join us for this discussion: Introducing OAWAL:
crowdsourcing best practices for open access workflows in academic
libraries. In: Electronic Resources & Libraries 2014, 16-19 March 2014,
AT&T Conference Center Austin, Texas.

We hope you find this wiki/blog helpful and we look forward to receiving
your feedback.

All the best,

Graham & Jill