From:
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2014 18:34:51 -0500
From: "Egan,Noelle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 17:19:29 +0000

Here at Drexel we are taking a look at our policy for keeping /
storing / lending the CDs that come along with many Health Sciences,
Business, and Computer Science print books.  I am wondering what
others do with this added content -- do you automatically remove the
CD (or, more commonly now, the URL to added content in the back of the
book with a username / password for access)?  Do you evaluate the
terms on each individual book before lending?  Do you lend the added
content only on request?

For reference, some examples of books containing this added content are:

* Information technology project management : providing measurable
organizational value / Jack T. Marchewka.

* Introduction to business statistics / Ronald M. Weiers   with
business cases by J. Brian Gray, Lawrence H. Peters.

* Saunders comprehensive review for the NCLEX-RN examination / Linda
Anne Silvestri.

Thanks much!
Noelle
Noelle Egan
Electronic Resources & Acquisitions Librarian
Library Services & Quality Improvement

Drexel University Libraries
Drexel University
W. W. Hagerty Library