From:
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2018 23:42:01 -0500
From: JULIA PROCTOR <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 11:01:22 -0500

Hi all,

We are in the process of implementing a bento box search display on
our library website, and a question has come up regarding our
discovery layer. We use Summon, and we currently have it set up so
that remote users have to login to get the full set of results that
people on-campus get. We're considering opening that up to off-campus
users; however, users would still have to login through EZproxy to get
the full-text.

Can anyone think of any licensing issues with displaying index info to
users who have not authenticated? I don't recall seeing any licenses
that mention issues relating to discovery layers or locking down
article metadata, but I'm curious if anyone else is aware of any
issues.

Thanks!

Julia Proctor
Collections Services and Strategies Librarian
Penn State University