From:
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2014 19:22:12 -0500
From: Sandy Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 22:20:28 -0600

For what it's worth, my assumption, when I was director of Penn State
University Press, was that having a Green OA policy posed no threat to
the core market for our dozen journals, because that core market was
Project Muse subscribers that purchased our journals as part of large
aggregations of journals. Perhaps it could marginally affect some
individual library print subscriptions, but those were fast
disappearing anyway, as were individual subscriber print
subscriptions. I cannot, of course, speak for the Press's more recent
experience (since 2009).

Sandy Thatcher