From:
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2013 18:35:59 -0400
From: Joseph Esposito <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 18:07:31 -0400

"I'm afraid the societies are hiring consultants"--

Gosh, Christina, that's a broad brush!  But you should know that
sometimes consultants are hired precisely to keep a society program
independent and even to remove a program from the clutches of a
commercial publisher.

On the other hand, if libraries had hired "consultants" 15 years ago,
they might have done more in the way of strategic planning and not
adopted policies that have abetted the growth of the largest
publishers.

(Are consultants a race, like Klingons or Romulans?)

Joe Esposito