From:
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2013 17:29:49 -0400
From: Mark Chesnek <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 15:56:06 -0400

APS strives to ensure fair pricing to all institutions and we
continually work with the librarian community to maintain transparent
and fair pricing policies. Since 2005, the prices for Tier 1
subscriptions have decreased on average by almost 2% and our Tier 1 &
2 subscriptions have not experienced an annual increase of more than
3% in a given year.  Even our highest tiers have averaged a 4% yearly
increase since 2005. APS is also proud to have one of the most
generous Green Open Access policies of any publisher and to be the
first to adopt this liberal policy.

With regard to the Tier changes being discussed for 2014, only 6% of
our overall institutional subscribers were affected.  Of those
subscribers, just over 4% moved to a higher Tier and the remaining
were moved to a lower tier.  Letters explaining the changes for 2014
were sent to those institutions affected.  APS encourages any
institution with questions regarding their 2014 Tier change to please
contact Matt Wascavage, Fulfillment Manager at [log in to unmask] to
discuss your concerns individually.

Mark Chesnek
Marketing Manager
American Physical Society