From:
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2011 22:16:26 -0500
From: Simon Linacre <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 09:27:39 +0000

Dear Jim

Many thanks for highlighting this concern, as Publishers and Editors
with Emerald Publishing have, anecdotally at least, also seen an
increase in the difficulties in finding reviewers. We are currently
looking at ways we can support the peer review system and reviewers in
the future.

In terms of finding harder evidence, larger publishers such as
Elsevier should have some data from their online submission system,
ditto Thomson Reuters' ScholarOne outfit which provides software to
publishers like ourselves and Wiley-Blackwell. We have not fully
integrated with this system yet to get complete data, but others may
have.

On the Open Access side, the Public Knowledge Project which provides
software for running open access journals may have some data, although
their system is less controlled. Journals like PLoS may have data as
well, but this may not be representative, particularly outside STM
publishing.

Best regards, Simon Linacre
Business Development Manager
Emerald Group Publishing Ltd