From:
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2017 16:50:10 -0400
From: "Smith, Kevin L" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 19:38:49 +0000

I agree, and suspect that a movement toward credential-based access is
connected to a subtext here, to differentiation among users in order
to implement differential pricing.  So costs could be based on how
many bio-medical research an institution has versus how many
anthropologists, for example.

The obvious other subtext is to gather as much extremely granular data
about researchers as is possible.  So by focusing on privacy and a
move away from IP authentication, I think the list is focusing on the
key elements that lurk behind this proposal.

Kevin

Sent from my iPad