From:
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2017 14:51:53 -0400
From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 13:04:28 -0400

The Scholarly Communication Librarian Core Competencies Task Force has
completed a board-reviewed draft of core competencies. The Task Force
intends to present its findings at the Members Forum (Saturday, June
10, 4:30-5:30) during the upcoming annual conference. All NASIG
Conference attendees are welcome to offer comments, criticism, or
other feedback. We hope you can make it, as we expect a lively
discussion with a lot of participation. If you are unable to join us
at the conference, though, or would otherwise prefer to submit
feedback electronically, you may submit to [log in to unmask] until
June 8th, 2017.

The Core Competencies (available at
http://www.nasig.org/site_page.cfm?pk_association_webpage_menu=310&pk_association_webpage=9435)
reflect the facts that scholarly communication positions are broad,
varied, and subject to the specific existing staffing, organizational
goals, and institutional culture in which the position is embedded.
Through extensive investigation into recent job advertisements,
position descriptions, and continuing education opportunities, the
task force identified four themes common to all scholarly
communication librarians and five areas of potential emphasis within
this broad and often amorphous field. We thank you for your input.

On behalf of the NASIG Core Competencies for Scholarly Communication
Librarians Task Force

Leigh Ann DePope
Publicist, NASIG, Inc.
[log in to unmask] | @NASIG
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Established in 1985, NASIG is an independent non-profit organization
working to advance and transform the management of information
resources in all formats and business models. For more information
about NASIG and our member opportunities, please visit
http://www.nasig.org/.