From:
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 2016 17:29:10 -0500
From: Marita LaMonica <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 19:28:54 +0000

Dear colleagues,

In recent years Portico has expanded its efforts to preserve the
output of smaller electronic publishers—those publishing ten titles or
fewer.  At the end of 2015, one half of all publishers archiving
journal content in the Portico archive were in this category. While
this is a significant development, much work remains to be done.
Important e-journal and e-book content is still at risk of “going
dark” unless we are able to identify and preserve it.

How should we as a community prioritize the preservation of this
content?  Pursuing the "Long Tail" is the first in a series of four
Center for Research Libraries’ (CRL) webinars that will examine the
benefits, capabilities, and possibilities of the Portico digital
preservation service, and its work with the community to tackle the
preservation of this content.

To hear the webinar recording of Pursuing the "Long Tail,” go to the
Center for Research Libraries’ YouTube Channel.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WIPs4DJhBk)

Best regards,

Marita La Monica
Senior Manager, Marketing Communications
ITHAKA