From:
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2017 14:28:09 -0400
From: Anna Seiffert <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 15:55:58 +0000

Hi Peter,

I strike out terms like that and replace it with and
amendment/modifications clause:

https://sites.google.com/site/licensecompare/amendment

Sometimes there is some teaching that occurs with the vendor.  But,
usually the change is made without an issue.

I know it can be frustrating from our perspective.  Stick to your
important terms and be friendly/conversational about it and you can
almost always come to an agreement.  Understanding where each other is
coming from is usually half the battle.

Definitely keep the selector in the loop.  Let them know about the
sticky issues and that you are working through them (this also helps
to mitigate frustrations for instant access).  If there is a necessary
resource with no equivalent, then you may need to discuss with higher
ups to evaluate if the risk is acceptable to the University.

I'm probably telling you things you already know, but I hope the
reaffirmation helps.

Anna

Anna Seiffert, MLS
E-Resources & Collection Assessment Librarian
Colorado School of Mines