From:
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2014 21:12:24 -0500
From: David Prosser <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 22:16:31 +0000

For me, the most interesting part of that paragraph is:

“...says Gerard Meijer, president of Radboud University Nijmegen and
chief negotiator on behalf of the VSNU”

It is striking that it is the President of one of the Dutch
universities that is leading the negotiations.  This takes it well
beyond a question of ‘just’ library budgets into a wider discussion of
infrastructure for scholarly communications.  A very positive move, I
feel.

David