From:
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2014 19:01:39 -0500
From: Darby Orcutt <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 08:38:44 -0500

Rick,

I've received several similarly-worded emails in the past from both
predatory and non-predatory (albeit lower-tier) publishers. They have
been unfortunately phrased, but never served as omens for theft of
intellectual property.

I suppose such emails are intended to flatter the recipient that they
are inviting submission of particular work. In reality, I doubt that
the sender read a word of the abstract in question; these are likely
auto-generated from web content harvested by spiders and such.

Best,
Darby

Darby Orcutt
Asst Head, Collection Management
North Carolina State University Libraries
Raleigh, NC  27695-7111