From:
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2012 19:41:55 -0500
From: Alex Holzman <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 22:15:10 -0500

For a crisp, short history of how the University Press Content
Consortium, now part of Project Muse's newly launched journals and
books platform, came to be, see
http://directorsmusings.wordpress.com/2011/12/22/launching-the-university-press-content-consortium/

Written by Dean Smith, who heads up the Muse team, the piece is
obviously favorable.  But it also offers some insight into the
developing spirit of cooperation and joint effort among university
presses.  Full disclosure--I am on the UPCC Advisory Board and was one
of the founding directors (along with my colleagues at NYU, Nebraska,
Penn, and Rutgers) of the University Press eBook Consortium, whose
joining with Books at Muse resulted in the UPCC.

Alex Holzman
Director
Temple University Press
Email: [log in to unmask]