From:
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2012 20:10:39 -0400
From: "Matheson, Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 13:00:23 +0000

Here is a current example of trademark enforcement from publishing. It
has been termed "the most polite cease-and-desist letter ever
(Mashable)" by a "very nice trademark lawyer (Boing-Boing)."

http://brokenpianoforpresident.com/2012/07/19/jack-daniels-lawsuit-the-full-scoop/

I have not read the book in question, but it seems all involved have
behaved well and were able to get what they needed. And some nice
publicity as well.

Scott
Scott Matheson, Librarian for Digital Resources
Lillian Goldman Law Library, Yale Law School
203-432-2694 | Box 208215, New Haven, CT 06520-8215