From:
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2017 22:50:08 -0400
From: Robert Kelshian <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 16:01:49 +0000

Hello again!

How tacky to reply to my own post, however...

After a few conversations with other interested parties, I thought it
best to clarify a point that I take was unclear:

My intention was not to imply that IP-based access is a non-secure
method of access in and of itself.  In my experience here, security
issues tend to arise at the point of granting proxy access to
resources.  So, in my mind, the issues are less about "IP-based"
access and more about "on-campus vs. off-campus" access - in
library-speak.  The security issues that I alluded to resulted when
users accessed resources from off-campus via proxy.  I apologize if
that was unclear or confusing.

Best,

Rob