From:
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2012 22:58:32 -0500
From: Heather Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 19:13:54 -0800

Elsevier's Alicia Wise wrote:

Early indications show the NIH Public Access Policy has had a negative
impact on Elsevier and other publishers.  We have experienced a modest
reduction of usage (by subscribers) and transactional sales (for non
subscribers) for articles on our publishing platform after they are
placed on PubMed Central even with links to the published journal
article.

Comment:

According to the Elsevier November 2011 Management Statement, Erik