From:
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2016 11:12:01 -0400
From: Linda Wobbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 18:34:49 -0700

Hi Richard,

Yes, sort of.  I looked at your library's site and they have the "best
in class - so far"  EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS).  It is the "Find
Articles" tab at the top of the Library's front page:

http://library.downstate.edu

EDS will access Library subscribed content better than Google -
articles in databases not exposed to Google are available through
EBSCO Discovery Service.

When you use Google Scholar from within your library's domain, you are
probably getting articles your library subscribes to - not just open
access titles - since many will be authenticated based on your
institution's IP range.

But...maybe EBSCO Discovery Service is just the thing you are
complaining is old-fashioned and doesn't always work?  The many
different publishers have trouble cooperating with this type of
technology.  A major vendor's content - ProQuest - is not included in
EDS.

Good luck with your research.  I'll be interested in the other replies!

...Linda Wobbe