From:
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2016 18:50:42 -0500
From: "Sowards, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 13:40:38 +0000

It's going to be hard for future historians to understand what
happened in politics in 2016 if no one preserves the stream of "fake
news". It's a primary source, and clearly was influential in the
debates around the election, and possibly for the outcome. As usual,
though, preserving social media news is a challenge, regardless of
content.

Steven Sowards
Associate Director for Collections
Michigan State University Libraries