From:
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2013 19:23:12 -0400
From: Jean-Claude Guédon <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 21:46:00 -0400

You might want to look at the SciELO and Redalyc models in latin
America. Both are supported mainly by public money and some foundation
money.

An endowment is ideal, of course, but the vagaries of  politics and
priorities are not so different from the vagaries of the market,
except when oligopoles manage to work without having to pay much (if
any) attention to the market.

Jean-Claude Guédon
Professeur titulaire
Littérature comparée