From:
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2017 18:44:05 -0400
From: "Meadows, Alice" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 11:59:12 -0400

(Apologies for cross posting)

I'm delighted to announce the second PIDapalooza - the open festival
for scholarly research persistent identifiers (PIDs), organized by
California Digital Library, Crossref, DataCite, and ORCID - which will
take place in Girona, Spain on January 23-24, 2018.

The program will include a mixture of PID demos, workshops,
brainstorming, updates on the state of the art, and more -- and we
invite your contributions. The program committee will review all
suggestions received by September 18 and we’ll let you know whether
you’ve been successful by the first week of October.

What is PIDapalooza? It is a place to come share your ideas with a
crowd of like-minded persistent identifier innovators, and help us
spread the word about PIDs in your community!  It will be a very
laid-back and welcoming atmosphere with energetic and exciting rapid
fire sessions with both a sociable and serious tone.

PIDapalooza 2018 will be just like the first one in Reykjavik, but even better!

Where: Auditori Palau de Congressos de Girona, Passeig de la Devesa,
35, Girona, Catalonia, Spain

When: 23rd and 24th January 2018

Short form to submit session(s). Deadline: September 18

We’ll be posting more information about the festival lineup on the
PIDapalooza website and on Twitter (@PIDapalooza) in the coming weeks.

We hope to see you in January!

Alice Meadows
Director of Community Engagement & Support, ORCID
+1 857-559-3337
orcid.org/0000-0003-2161-3781