From:
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2014 19:23:12 -0500
From: "Mann, Sanjeet" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 23:12:25 +0000

Please excuse cross-postings

Dear Colleagues,

The North American Serials Interest Group (NASIG) Core Competencies
Task Force is developing a statement of core competencies for print
serials management as an addendum to its statement of Core
Competencies for Electronic Resources Librarians. As part of this
work, the Task Force is seeking job descriptions from library
personnel responsible for managing print serials. We would like to
receive both positions with oversight responsibility over units
managing print serials, as well as positions with hands-on
responsibility for print management tasks such as check-in, claiming
and cataloging. The results of the project will be shared broadly with
the professional and educational community.

If you would be willing to share your job description with us, please
email an electronic copy to me at [log in to unmask] before
February 7, 2014. We will make every effort not to use any personally
identifiable information so please feel free to leave your name off
the job description (or any other personal information). However, we
would like to understand more about the institutional setting where
you work. Please include demographic information such as type and size
of institution (e.g. academic library, public library, etc.) and
student FTE count or population served.

Many thanks in advance for your willingness to help us with our project!

Sincerely,
Sanjeet Mann
Arts and Electronic Resources Librarian
Armacost Library, University of Redlands