From:
Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2012 12:21:55 -0500
From: Nawin Gupta <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 23:06:51 -0600

I agree with Sally—peer review by one person is not sufficient to the
practice of scholarly publishing as we have come to know it.

The publishers who still believe in the preeminence of scholarship and
quality, values and practices honed over a few hundred years, cannot
compete with the OA gold publishing ventures in terms of speed and
cost, nor should they try to.

Most of the gold OA is an entirely different paradigm—a distribution
and content delivery model where speed counts and volume is needed to
be commercially successful.  What matters is getting the "goods" from
point A to B.

Nawin Gupta

Informed Publishing Solutions, Inc.

From: Sally Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 12:09:17 +0000

Peer review by one person only is not, in my book, proper peer review
- there should be at least three independent reviewers, with the
Editor-in-Chief (or an appropriately delegated deputy) making the
final decision

Would others agree?

Sally Morris
South House, The Street, Clapham, Worthing, West Sussex, UK
Email:  [log in to unmask]