From:
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2013 17:26:38 -0400
From: Kim Smilay <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 08:39:34 -0400

De Gruyter and the CLOCKSS Archive are delighted to announce that De
Gruyter has become the 150th publisher to participate in the CLOCKSS
Archive.

De Gruyter will preserve their 36 databases and 55 eBookPLUS in
CLOCKSS's geographically and geopolitically distributed network of
redundant archive nodes, located at 12 major research libraries around
the world.  This action provides for content to be freely available to
everyone after a "trigger event" and ensures an author's work will be
maximally accessible and useful over time.

"By archiving our digital content with CLOCKSS, we are fulfilling a
wish frequently voiced by customers," says Sven Fund, Managing
Director of De Gruyter. "We are glad to have found a first-class
partner who will ensure that the valuable work of our authors and
publishers remains accessible to all users long into the future."

CLOCKSS Executive Director Randy S. Kiefer adds “This agreement is a
major milestone for the CLOCKSS Archive, one which underscores the
value proposition of the archive and the large variety of publishers
that participate in it.  De Gruyter, over two-hundred and sixty years
ago, is a significant international publisher.  We are grateful, as De
Gruyter joins the CLOCKSS Archive, for its generous willingness to
preserve its ejournals and ebooks in a way that secures them for the
long-term good of scholars worldwide.”

About De Gruyter:  For more than two-hundred and sixty years the name
De Gruyter has been synonymous with high-quality, landmark
publications in the humanities and natural sciences. The scope of
their publishing program includes theology and philosophy, biology and
chemistry, linguistics and literature, mathematics and physics,
history and archaeology, as well as law and medicine. In all these
areas De Gruyter has consistently partnered with exceptional scholars
to establish itself as a key international publisher.
http://www.degruyter.com

Randy S. Kiefer, Executive Director

Kim Smilay, Director, Publisher Relations

The CLOCKSS Archive