From:
Date:
Sun, 15 May 2016 19:53:59 -0400
From: Anthony Watkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 08:13:59 +0100

Thanks Ari

Yes I wondered if his was the case.  I am assuming that the payment is
made by the Russian publisher who is treating the authors of journal
articles like authors of chapters in a book. The whole way in which
secondary rights is handled has always been rather different and I
have heard of but never experienced such arrangements in some learned
society publishers for book authors but not for journal authors.

Anthony