From:
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2013 18:52:26 -0400
From: Philip Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 09:42:11 -0400

Apologies if I missed this thread, but has a librarian taken the 158
titles that accepted Bohannon's bogus paper and figured out whether
they are indexed in PubMed or are archived in PubMed Central? I'm not
concerned that vanity journals exist in the first place (they will
always exist), but would be extremely worried if organizations, like
the National Library of Medicine, gives these journals
credibility--and the articles published therein authority--by being
hosted in PMC. If they were, the NLM would need to consider whether
delisting their journal and purging their content is appropriate.

The titles that accepted (and rejected) the bogus paper are listed in
Bohannon's supplementary data.

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/342/6154/60/suppl/DC1

Thank you,
Phil Davis