From:
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2013 23:13:52 -0400
From: Elizabeth Biggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 10:01:44 -0400

The Ecological Society of America (ESA) is pleased to announce new
pricing and new size categories for our Institutional Subscribers for
2014.  As a nonprofit publisher, ESA’s prices have always been very
low, a fraction of the cost of the For-Profit publishers in our field
of science. Our overall mission is to publish and make broadly
available the most significant results of ecological research.   Our
goal and intent with our new pricing is to make this highly valuable
content easily affordable for even the smallest colleges and other
organizations.

In order for very small institutions to be able to afford access to
our highly rated content, we have drastically reduced prices for those
institutions with less than 1500 FTE’e. This represents our new
“Small” category.   In addition we have slashed the Online Only Bundle
price for this new “Small” category by 45% making it the lowest cost
option of online access to all our journals that ESA has ever offered.

Institutions with enrollments between 1,500 and 3,000 are now
considered our “Medium” category.  The prices for these have remained
the same as our prices from 2013 – no increases for either online only
or print plus online.

Our “Large” category (over 3,000 FTE) Institutions will continue to
find our highly rated journals a great value.  ESA has included only
modest increases in the prices from 2013.

ESA publishes four subscription based peer reviewed journals,
(Ecology, Ecological Applications, Ecological Monographs and Frontiers
in Ecology and the Environment) as well as one open access peer
reviewed journal Ecosphere.  Our journals are among the most highly
cited and top ranked journals in the field of Ecology.  To receive our
2014 pricing please feel free to contact me directly at [log in to unmask]

Thanks!

Elizabeth Biggs
CFO, Ecological Society of America