From:
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2014 18:28:28 -0500
From: Amanda M Echterling <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 14:37:03 -0500

Hello,

If anyone has recently engaged with Truven Health Analytics over their
academic subscription to Micromedex would you please contact me off
list at [log in to unmask]

They approached us with a new license on December 5th and although we
have licensed this product since 1999, and are actively reaching out
to them on a daily basis, in the course of one week they have refused
to further engage the negotiator, rescinded the new license, and cut
off access to the product in an effort to force their terms.

Seven years of negotiating contracts and I've never seen anything quite like it.

Regards,

Amanda Echterling
Acquisitions and Fiscal Management Librarian
Virginia Commonwealth University