From:
Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 2014 07:04:19 -0400
From: "Farb, Sharon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 22:35:26 +0000

Thanks much Lisa.   We agree.  The UCLA Library is proud to announce
that it will sponsor two travel scholarships to OpenCon 2014:

http://www.righttoresearch.org/act/opencon/

We’re excited by the opportunity to enable students and early career
researchers to engage with issues of open access, open education, and
open data and to develop skills to take actions that support the
creation of a more open system for creating and sharing knowledge.
Compared to even our least expensive journal title, the price is
modest and the potential return immense.  Attending this conference
will lead to countless conversations by the student and early career
researcher we plan to send with their peers, creating effects that
ripple out through their communities to reach far more broadly that we
could by ourselves.

Sharon